Our commitment to sustainability at Continental Floral Greens doesn’t only mean protecting and caring for our land, it means creating a sustainable workforce, being stewards of the land, and implementing programs, certifications, and day-to-day practices that contribute to the well-being of our people and our farms.
Together, let's cultivate a world where sustainable agriculture thrives, nourishing both the land and our communities.
70% of our Mount St. Helens Farms reseeds naturally, we replant the remaining 30% with our own seedlings. We plant over 600,000 seedlings a year.
Our PNW organic waste initiative ensures no leftover organic material goes to waste. The repurposed material is spread on our farm's soil for healthier future trees.
We manage over 2.5 million acres of land, utilizing sustainable harvest practices to maintain and enhance the health and beauty of the land, setting a standard for responsible land management.
In the Pacific Northwest, we hold a MPS-A+ rating for sustainability and low environmental impact on all our Western greens. MPS helps monitor and reduce the use of water, energy, fertilizers, and crop protection agents. When you buy our products from the PNW, rest assured those products are not harmful to the environment.
WAFLA’s mission is to facilitate a legal and stable workforce for seasonal employers. A preferred HR association for seasonal and Ag employers in the PNW – they assist employers with the use of various guest worker visa programs and provide niche resources tailored for our industry. Their support is instrumental in bringing our seasonal workforce in legally and safely.
Certified American Grown is a unified and diverse coalition of U.S. flower farms representing small and large entities across the country. Together, America's flower farmers are giving consumers confidence in the source of their flowers by providing the only third-party guaranteeing the floral industry that the bouquets and bunches that are purchased were homegrown.
Our High Mountain Blue Noble® tree farm is an American Tree Farm System-Certified Family Forest.Members of the American Tree Farm System manage their lands in accordance with American Forest Foundation Standards of Sustainability for Forest Management, which include protecting and managing the water, wood and wildlife on our farm.As we always strive to be the best stewards of our land, this is just another step in recognizing the hard work put in place by our teams to have harvestable land for generations to come.